- FORD GT 40 NURBURGRING 1964 1 43 Bizarre BZ269
- Steiff 71683 Reh Figurine brown
- British Gas Wilbur The Explorer Penguin Soft Toy 11 Collectable Tags BNIB
- BE@RBRICK Birthday Bearbrick 8 August Peridot Green Strap Medicom Toy
- Bullmark Kaettekita Ultraman Beacon reprint Figure Doll 1998 New Made in Japan
- 6mm napoleonic french - battle group (adler) as photo 100 figs - inf (37126)
- Mint Hasegawa Plastic Model Japanese Battleship Ise 1 700
- Brigitte LaFayette Bust, Scale 75 Miniatures, 1 12 scale, Resin NIB KS Exclusive
- 1952 TECHNOFIX NR. 269 CLOCKWORK VERKEHRSAUTOBAHN (TRAFFIC CROSSING). WORKING
- BATMAN 1972-1974 Figurine by Mego 8 Type 2
- Super Rare Star Wars Kubrick Boba Fett Collection Secretl Rocket Firing
- Tigatron ROUND BUBBLE MISB Deluxe Beast Wars Transformers Action Figure
- Funko Plants vs Zombies 2 Swashbuckler Zombie figure - Vaulted Very Rare
- NZG Art.783 05 Liebherr LB28 PST Spezial Tiefbau Süd GmbH Bohrgerät 1 50
- Dinky Toys F n° 32C camion PANHARD citerne ESSO en boite
- KK Sakura 1 40 appx Scale Vintage Diecast SK2A Mercedes Benz 220SE Cream
- At Reason, Tim Sandefur criticizes the New York Times'
"1619" project, its effort to revive discussion of the legacy of
American slavery: The Founders Were Flawed. The Nation Is Imperfect. The Constitution Is Still a ‘Glorious Liberty Document.’.
1970's MATTEL BIG JIM Japan Edition Figure 4332
For one thing, the idea that, in Hannah-Jones' words, the "white men" who wrote the Declaration of Independence "did not believe" its words applied to black people is simply false. John Adams, James Madison, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and others said at the time that the doctrine of equality rendered slavery anathema. True, Jefferson also wrote the infamous passages suggesting that "the blacks…are inferior to the whites in the endowments both of body and mind," but he thought even that was irrelevant to the question of slavery's immorality. "Whatever be their degree of talent," Jefferson 1 6 CAT TOYS CT015A Fighting Girl Clothes Set W Head Figure Collectible No Body, "it is no measure of their rights. Because Sir Isaac Newton was superior to others in understanding, he was not therefore lord of the person or property of others."
Ironically, the thrust of the "1619" thesis echoes the insistence of actual white supremecists of the 1800s: the myth that America's founding was inherently racist.
I find the Amazon Product du Jour amusing, but I wonder if anyone outside a Certain Age Range will get it. 1 6 Ignite Time Silhouette 12 GREECE HOPLITE Figure w Accessories - NIB is an explanation, sorry.
- At the Hoover Institution, David Henderson opines that A Carbon Tax Is Not A Slam Dunk.
Specifically, it may not be the best way to combat climate
change. For example…
1980s Plastirama silverina GI Joe Missile Defense Unit MOC NIP MISB Sealed Box
As I've said before: the problem isn't figuring out how to adjust the global thermostat; we're only going to get better at doing that over the coming decades.
The problem is: once we have that power in hand, who decides where to set it? You think arguments over your house's thermostat setting are bad? Just multiply the arguers by billions, and give some of them nuclear weapons.
- Kevin D. Williamson, writing at National Review asks about Patriotism: Is It Possible?.
1983 Duke V.1 - GIJOE Figure 100% Complete - ARAH
1984 Clutch - MINT - 100% Complete - Vamp Mark II Driver.
One cannot love a hateful country the way one might love a racist uncle in spite of his shortcomings, because the love of country cannot survive the contempt and condescension one unavoidably feels toward doddering old men who should have learned better by now but are too old to be taught. You might cut your dotty uncle some slack, but love of country assumes a certain minimum of respect for it and confidence in it that are precluded by the kind of eye-rolling indulgence that in the South is accompanied by the exclamation “Bless your heart!”
Among KDW's further observations is a drive-by hit on the term Latinx: a "neuter neologism" used "to refer to people descended from speakers of a language that is unintelligible without gender specificity."
- 1985 Gi Joe Bazooka Complete Figure on Reproduction Card
1986 GI JOE COBRA EMPEROR SERPENTOR + AIR CHARIOT 100%+ CARDS ARAH SNAKE HASBRO
To be sure, such a reform would be sweeping. Yet, so are the problems faced by the program.
I buy Veronique's premise: it would be a sensible matter to cut benefits for people [gulp, like me] who have a comfortable nest egg to fall back on. I don't know how the politics will work out, though.